The Seed Capital Initiative (SCI) loan program provides startup and expansion loans between $5,000 and $25,000 to eligible small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs) within the Halifax, Dartmouth, Bedford area. The list of program eligibility criteria may be found HERE
Your business registered location must be within the CEED lending boundary, or primary operations must be conducted within this boundary. If your business is outside of this boundary, CEED can refer you to one of it's other financing partners. You can find the map of CEED lending area HERE.
The SCI loan is a personal loan to the majority share holders of the business and MUST be invested as capital into the business and CANNOT be used for personal expenses, the purchase of property, bail-out situations or refinancing of existing debt.
To complete and submit your application, you will need to DOWNLOAD and COMPLETE the following document templates. You will be asked to upload the completed templates in the sections below:
1. SCI Loan Application Personal Net Worth Statement (click the link to open)
2. Project Cost and Financing Statement (click the link to open)
You will also be required to upload the following:
1. Updated resume in pdf format for all owners.
2. Any agreements relevant to your business in pdf format (eg. supplier, rental, manufacturing, etc.).
3. A copy of your driver's license or other government issue photo ID.
4. Proof of permanent residency, if applicable.
All information provided to CEED will be kept confidential unless otherwise required by law.